Aerobics and Fitness Association of America
Primary Group Exercise Certification (v4)
What is it?
A REVIEW OF AFAA'S Basic Exercise Standards and Guidelines, anatomy, exercise science, exercise evaluation and exam criteria. The day concludes with the practical and written exams. The program format includes:
- Practical application of group exercise
- Study Guide overview
- Question and answer sessions
Who is it for?
For group exercise instructors whose training and educational background has prepared them to take the AFAA Primary Group Exercise Certification (v4) exam.
Early registration, self-study before program and group exercise teaching experience. Current CPR/AED certification required before certificate is used. (The Practical Skills and Choreography workshop is a useful precursor.)
What does it cost
The workshop fee is $299* (less a 10% discount for current AFAA members).
This fee includes:
- One-day certification review
- Primary Group Exercise Certification (V4) study guide
- Cerification examinations (written and Practical)
- one-year AFFA membership ($68 value) or membership extension to current members
- Subscription to American Fitness Magazine (Digital or Print) (does not include postage to addresses outside the U.S.)
- AFAA Certified Instructor certificate and I.D. card (upon successful completion of both examinations)
- For AFAA certified professionals who wish to register for CEU credit only, not for certification, the workshop fee is $85. Receive 5 CEUs.
* Fee does not include the recommended Fitness: Theory & Practice, 5th edition ($69).
Recommended Study Materials
AFAA recommends the following materials for study with this course (princes do not reflect taxes and shipping charges):
- Fitness: Theory & Practice, 5th Edition ($69)
- Practice Test for Primary Group Exercise Certification (v4) ($20)
- Standards & Guidelines Reference Manual (2010) ($39)
- Primary Study Package (Includes above 3 items) ($109)
- Primary Group Exercise Group Exercise Certifications (v4) Study Guide
- Exercise Science Fundamentals Self-Study ($60)
- The Practical Way DVD ($20)
ASTRAL FITNESS WORKSHOP CODE: 14050054
HOST SITE INSTUCTORS CALL 1-800-923-2346
REGISTER BY PHONE OR FAX:
FAX (818)990-2118 ATTN, HOST SITE DEPT.
IF YOU HAVE A DISABILITY AND REQUIRE SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS AT AN AFAA WORKSHOP, PLEASE PHONE (800) 446-2322 EXT. 213 IN ADVANCE.